Thursday, July 26, 2012

Top 10 Precious Moments: Just a Regular Day

I was just sitting here thinking that even though we didn't go do anything particularly exciting, and nothing major happened today, there is beauty and joy in an ordinary day. There are precious moments to be found when we reflect. Here are mine on this fine Thursday:

1. The absolute look of delight when Anna Claire spotted the string cheese and carrot stick snack I had waiting in her car seat for her when I picked her up from daycare. She thanked me several times.

2.When I told Anna Claire she needed to listen to her swim teacher she just said, "OK, Mommy," and gave me a hug.

3.  "Mommy, I want you and Daddy both to come and watch me fwim."

4. She still asks for "special, special treat." She's been calling it that since she started potty training over a year ago.

5.  Anna Claire cleaned her dinner plate: steak, tots with cheese, salad, roasted red pepper, orange. She normally does clean her dinner plate, but this made me smile because she skipped dinner last night. Had a tummy ache.

6. Anna Claire continues to insist, "I don't want to watch bad witch movies, Mommy." No problem! Fine by us! You sleep well, take good naps, and are sweet and innocent. We want to keep you that way as long as possible. Why spoil it with a movie? We can watch Curious George "instead."

7. Instead. Anna Claire's favorite word du jour. She uses it constantly. "There no pink. I can have purple instead." "We don't have any more strawberry jam. I can have peach instead."

8. Anna Claire says something mischievous and laughs, for example, running away from me after pottying and instead of washing her hands, "I escape from you Mommy!"

9.  While I wash my face in the evening, Anna Claire has special time with Daddy. She likes me to close the door while I wash my face. She comes in every night like clockwork and says, "Mommy, I close the door for you." Then she closes it.

10.  At bedtime, Anna Claire wants her stool to climb on to her big girl bed herself. She still wants her Catty and Blank. I tuck her in tight and say, "Good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment