Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Library and Swim Lessons

Today, after my inservice, I picked up AC and headed for the library.

On the ride there, we talked about what we would do when we got there, and what books she would like. Of course the gorilla was on the agenda, as well as seeing the fish and pay phone. Yep, I said the pay phone. Don't see many of those anymore, do we? But we have one at our library, and since I introduced this artifact to my little girl, it is basically required that we stop and listen to the dial tone, and play with the coin return.

We were also excited that both automatic door opener buttons are working now, and that "the bathtub" is back. ;)

Disney princess, Oswald, swimming, and Angelina Ballerina were all books she requested. We ended up 3 for 4, since all the Oswald books were checked out.

Swim lessons are pretty consistent with our initial lesson. She's still wanting to look around and people watch more than listen. Her teacher reminds me she is three and that this is normal. I am proud of her, that she continues to put her head underwater, jumps in (going under), and has learned how to blow bubbles and do arms for breaststroke (pizza slices) and freestyle (ice cream scoops). Anna Claire loves telling people she goes to Austin Peay!

No comments:

Post a Comment