Friday, July 6, 2012

Anna Claire's First "Pedi"

Ok, she just got her toenails painted, but it was a big deal to Anna Claire. I have walked into the Bunnies class twice and heard the little girls talking about sitting in the butterfly chair at the nail place. And I hear about it at home. When one of the other parents told me it was just a few bucks for them to get their nails painted, I decided we would do it sometime.

Today wasn't the day I intended, but it ended up being her special butterfly chair day.

When I picked her up from the Red Barn, she was still in her swim gear, and the teacher explained it had been too hot for them to do water play today. I thought, "Perfect!" I was planning on taking her to the Y to swim anyway, so now she'd get that time in the water anyway.

Wrong. Got to the Y, and they had closed the pool due to chance of storms. They told me they'd open it in about a half hour. So we went to McD's and had a milkshake, then went back to try again. Still closed, not to reopen for a half hour. I told her I was sorry and that we'd come back in the morning.

She was SO disappointed, I felt so bad for her.

I reassured her again that we'd go in the morning and explained that I needed her to go with me to Kmart to get wrapping paper for her friend's gift. That put a smile on her face because she would get to ride this:

I remember what a big deal it was to me to get to ride these little rides outside storefronts as a little girl. This merry-go-round has been sitting outside our Kmart for a LONG time!

After her merry-go-round ride, I saw Larry's Nails glowing like an Oasis saying to me, "C'mon! Today is the day!"

I said without giving it another thought, "Hey Anna Claire, how would you like to get your nails painted in the butterfly chair today?"

"Yeah! I sit in butterfly chair just like Amelia! I want pink!!!"

She said just after this was taken, "I holdin' very still!"

The butterfly chair!

All done. He even added sparkles. Think she liked it?

So pretty!
 Afterward, we had to wait 5-10 minutes for them to dry. No problem for Anna Claire. She is always content to people watch and sit and talk to me. She did ask me, "Mommy, where my painter go?" Larry and I thought it was funny she called the man that painted her nails "her painter."

No comments:

Post a Comment