Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First Night in Big Girl Bed

Anna Claire spent her first night in a big girl bed tonight. We've had it ready for her for about a week now. We've been moving in that direction all week.

Larry and I take turns putting her to bed (every other night). We have asked her every night this week if she was ready to sleep in her big girl bed. "Not yet. Maybe tomorrow. I sleep in my crib instead," was the answer she gave.

Let's take a moment and address the big question: Why is she STILL sleeping in a crib? Isn't she three?

Short answer: Because she never tried to climb out. Our beloved Dr. Roads told as a long time ago, that we should keep her in there as long as possible if she was not trying to climb out.

Additionally, it has honestly given us wonderful peace of mind to know she was safe in her crib. Couldn't get hurt, fall out, or escape and get into mischief.

Then came back troubles. I'm having a hard time lifting her in and out of her crib. I have concluded that for the sake of my back and for helping her when she sleeps over at Grandma's, it would be in her best interest to transition now.

I have told her there are babies who don't have a crib that need her crib. She has a big girl bed and a crib. Wouldn't it be nice to help a baby and give her a crib.

I also reminded her that all of her friends sleep in big girl beds. That none of them need their Mommies to lay with them (lies). She bought it tonight, and finally said, "I want you to go now, Mommy. I ok."

Never heard a peep since. That was 2 hours ago. ;)

First night in big girl bed...with "Blanket," "Purple Blanket," and (not pictured: Catty, Baby Hugs Bear, Teddy)

No comments:

Post a Comment