Thursday, July 5, 2012

Science Center/ Big Girl Bed

Took AC to the Science Center and then a made a quick trip to the bookstore. Asked her what her favorite part of today was. Answer: "Riding escalator and hearing my voice echo in the potty at bookstore."

Before going to the Science Center, we made a brief stop at Rivergate, since I knew their Target had the little girls' bedding that I wanted in stock. HOWEVER, when we got to the bedding aisle, Anna Claire was quick to point to an adorable solid pink bedding set with ruffle appliques and say, "I don't want owl or horse on my blanket. I just want pink! I want THAT one! Put it in the basket!" I HAPPILY put the solid pink bedding in the basket. 

We will overlook the fact that I have a three-year old who is just now transitioning to a big girl bed and save that for a future post, yes?

Science Center! Why have we not come here sooner? I get in free, since I'm a teacher,  and it was fabulous. I worried that there wouldn't be enough for a little girl to do there, but she could participate in most of the exhibits. My great takeaway was that Anna Claire loves dominos and Tinker Toys, neither of which we own.

Afterward we stopped off at the Vanderbilt Borders.While in the potty at the Vandy bookstore, Anna Claire kept saying, "Echo....echo...echo..." louder and louder. There really was a good echo in there. I reminded her that we were at a bookstore, which was kinda like the library. Maybe we should "echo" a little quieter. She went, "SSSSSsssssssssssss!" and put her finger to her lips. She said, "Mommy you put your mouth to your finger. SSSSSSSssssssssss!"

I was so impressed with this child at the dominoes challenge. She was doing a great job at balancing her seesaw and recognizing when she needed to add more to one side. She would say, "It not balanced. I need more over here."

Still at it.

Loving some Tinker Toys.

Each of the black circles you see in the back, are fans. They would blow and propel her sailboat.

These were her Tinker Toy "lollipops."

Loved this piano you could actually walk on and it would play. Ah, memories of "Big."

Our view while waiting in line at the Subway at the Science Center.

We waited 10 minutes for her to ride in this ambulance.

This was a water table representing the human blood stream. The red and yellow panels represent arteries and veins. The white balls, like she's holding, represented white blood cells.

Loved opening each of these doors. Each one stood for a career in medicine.

Turn the dial left to hear healthy lung, and right to hear unhealthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment