Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dixon Park and Johnny's

Last night I sat and thought about a logical sequence of fun things to do with Anna Claire for today. Back to School is just around the corner, and when I get that, "oh no, hurry up and have fun" feeling, watch out.

The plan was a success. I am tired!

We started off at Dixon Park and revisited the site of her 2 year old birthday party. Haven't been since her birthday. I let her play in the sprinklers built into the sidewalk. I thought to bring her swimsuit and a towel with me and thank goodness I remembered how to turn the sprinklers on. Afterward she wanted to play on the playground. The slides were too hot for her to go down, and it was only 9:30 in the morning!






After the playground, we walked down to the little farmer's market at the old train station. Bought some heirloom tomatoes and peaches. A vendor there gave Anna Claire a free apple which made her day.

Next was a visit to the Aquatics dept. at APSU to sign her up for swim lessons. It was easy. We start this Thursday. Five 30-minute lessons. You only get four, but I signed up during a special they are running and got the fifth free. :)

Then Johnny's! We did all you'd expect: played some Dave Matthews on the jukebox and played a game of Ms. Pacman. Got each of us a cheeseburger, fries, and then split a honey bun with ice cream. She was mainly into the ice cream. I was sort of bummeded that she barely touched her burger. I ate mine up, and took hers home to Larry. Her loss, his gain.




We stopped off at the library to turn in some overdues. Picked up Polly's Pink Pajamas and Wow Said the Owl that were shared during the library program. AC was excited to find these. We also try to pick up books related to whatever we're currently into, so found a few on swim lessons and going swimming. They are really cute.

Then we went to go see Meme since we didn't see her Sunday like we normally do. Anna Claire loved playing Meme's piano, coloring, and playing with all the toys. She had fun making a "hole" on the floor with all of Meme's pillows and playing with some stuffed bears that Meme has.

Then off to Walgreens. We've been searching for Anna Claire's Hello Kitty fruit snacks at the Walgreens on our side of town, but no luck. I knew the one by Meme's had them because that's where we found them last time.

Anna Claire took a nap on the way home, and I wished I could do the same ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment