Friday, July 13, 2012

Eat Mor Chikin!

Anna Claire was with me a couple weeks back when I picked up the copy of Clarksville Family Magazine with the Chick-Fil-A cow on the cover. She said, "Mommy I do want to see the cow. He's not scary. He's a girl cow! I do want to go see him!" Then later that night, I read he'd be there for a big annual event on July 13, with free meals if you dress like a cow, inflatables, and face painting. From that day on, I knew we'd attend Cow Appreciation Day.

I did not know we'd be going to TWO Chick-Fil-A's that day.

When we got to the Madison Street location, aside from the employees, there was no one there. No bouncies. No cow. Had I picked the wrong day?

I went up to the counter and asked the lady. She said, "That's over at the Wilma Rudolph location. Around 10:00. You get free breakfast here for for dressing up! What can I get you?"

She meant it. We literally ordered everything we wanted and it was all free. Then I did what all indulging mothers do. I drove to the other Chick-Fil-A. We bounced there, we met the cow, we had our handprints made. And, yeah, I confess, we had free lunch afterward. Is that bad? Does it make it better that for my lunch, I picked soup, and took it home to Larry who had a sore throat?

Back view of our "costumes"

Front view. Mooooo!
Loved the free cow hats. I think she loved seeing me in one more than wearing one herself. Hence the big smile. :)

Sweet girl eating her free breakfast: yogurt cup, fruit cup, hashbrowns and apple juice. :)

There was not face painting. They did their handprints instead.

Enjoying her free blow pop before getting on the slide bouncy.

Castle bouncy.
The slide bouncy was a favorite. She said, "I climb the mountain, just like at g'nastics!"

Loved Baby Cow.

She stalked Baby Cow for a good half hour. God bless whoever is in that costume!


http://www.grubgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/218.jpg
Got this free toy at the Madison St. one.
I forgot to mention: Today was the first time Anna Claire climbed all the way to the top of the play area, went through the tunnel, got in the car, and went down the slide. She is not afraid to climb or slide at all! She just gets skittish around big kids screaming, and loud banging noise, and Chick-Fil-A play area typical has all three going on.

At the Wilma Rudolph location play area, there were only little kids and lots of really warm, friendly parents. The kids and parents and I ALL encouraged Anna Claire. Finally, Ireland, a two-year-old, along with her Mommy, said they would go with Anna Claire. That got her all the way to the top, but she was still unsure of that noisy, banging, screaming tunnel. I said I'd go with her. That sealed the deal and she was willing to go all over at that point.

She was so proud of herself.

We love Chick-Fil-A. Loyal customers, we are, and will continue to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment