Monday, July 9, 2012

Funnies

On routine.
Anna Claire loves spending some Daddy-daughter time each day, and she loves her routine.This usually ends up being after her bath each night. I spend about a half hour watering and tending to the garden, cleaning up the kitchen and washing my face. Last night, I came upstairs after cleaning the kitchen. Anna Claire gave me a little shove on my behind toward the bathroom and said, "Mommy, you can go wash your face now." Then she closed the bathroom door.

On cracking us up.
We were in the car and Anna Claire was being so silly. I was laughing so hard at her. She said, "Mommy,
I laughin' you up!" 
I said, "You mean 'cracking me up?'" 
She said, "Yeaaahhhh. I crackin' you up."

On Reading.
Anna Claire cracks me up with how she will recognize one word on a page and make up her own story or sentence to go with it. She latched on to the word "more" on one of her Brainquest cards. She pointed to the word "more" and said, "More! No more oatmeal. No more oatmeal! Ever!"

On being sneaky.
Awhile back, I broke one of the supports that goes inside Anna Claire's little tent. I have felt horrible about it ever since. Saturday we saw one at Walgreens that was perfect. It looks just like a little princess castle. Bought it. Came home and put it together. Anna Claire rubbed her hands together and said under her breath, "Ha, ha, ha, I can be sneaky now!" and went inside the tent.

On regularity.
Anna Claire was holding her poop in for the longest. She would go 5 days, sometimes longer, without going. We were really worried about it! We tried bribing her with candy and potty charts, but neither worked. Then I read an article to try this: wrap (very) small gifts and place them up high in a visible location. When your child asks you about the presents, tell them they can get one each time they poop in the potty. She has pooped just about every night ever since. We spend a whopping 25 cents per gift, on average, but it was what helped us turn to corner with her on that front. Happy Meal toys and gumball machine toys are perfect for this.

The funny part is....tonight she was sitting on the potty and said, "Mommy, I want you to go in other room and make wrapping noises." That was her subtle way of telling me she pooped and wanted me to go wrap a present for her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment