Thursday, June 7, 2012

Liberty Park at Clarksville Marina

 It has been my experience that the more I take Anna Claire to do something, the more confident she is at doing it. Common sense, right? Maybe...but I find it NECESSARY. Anna Claire isn't naturally confident. She's hesitant and skiddish. So we do things to build up her confidence. Knowing that Liberty Park is where she wants to have her birthday party, it just seemed like the right thing to do to take her to the park fairly often so that she can master everything there.

I'm going to try to start taking her when there aren't so many kids, but on this particular day, it was nuts. So many kids. In fact, 2 pretee-nish boys got into a fight while we were waiting in line for a swing. They were punching each other, putting each other in headlocks and basically strangling each other. I WENT OFF.

Me: That's enough, boys! I'm just trying to bring my three-year-old little girl to the park to swing and she has to see this? Really? She is really upset. She's never seen anyone playing like that before. She's worried you're really hurting each other. You need to think!

They immediately stopped. I looked around at ALL THE OTHER PARENTS (there were lots) to see their reaction. They all looked down or away. I can only assume they were ashamed of their own lack of action to stop it themselves. I literally felt like I was on that show What Would You Do? waiting for John Quinones to come out and tell me this was all a set up. I was that much in disbelief.

At Liberty Park...location of AC's upcoming 3rd birthday

After a LONG wait at the park for this swing. It was her turn. Yes.

Love THE TONGUE.
She could not get enough of this bridge: "Mommy this just like at gy'nastics!"

No comments:

Post a Comment