Monday, June 25, 2012

Anna Claire's 3rd Birthday

Today I did something completely foreign to me: no planning or scheduling of activities. It's Anna Claire's birthday, and my BIG gift to her is my time. I've read numerous articles and blogs lately, including the popular, "Your children want you!" I'm inspired by it. I don't have to be the "perfect" mom, compare myself to any other mom, or buy gifts to win Anna Claire's affection. She wants to be with me.

You know what? We spent the whole day doing exactly what she wanted and it was FUN and TIRING! I loved every minute. Here's a run down in list form because we shifted gears so many times it would take hours to blog in paragraph:

"I wanna stay home and play today!" Note that everything on this list was Anna Claire's idea and done in the order Anna Claire wanted. I went completely against my nature and each time she got tired of something I'd say, "Now what do want to do?" It was a great PLAN. Ha.
  • breakfast with lots of fruit and whipped cream
  • open presents from Mommy and Daddy
  • watch Care Bears Big Wish Movie (birthday present)
  • release balloons (fail. they got stuck in the tree, darn it! I reckon we'll see pink and white ribbon all winter as well)
  • giant sidewalk chalk
  • wagon ride
  • walk through neighborhood/look for honeysuckle (no dice)
  • golf
  • T-ball
  • water gun fight
  • kick the ball with Mommy and Daddy which became "keep away from Anna Claire"
  • bubbles
  • play in the "tree cave" (under 2 giant maples in the backyard)
  • "fwim" in baby pool
  • Hello Kitty sprinkler (birthday present)
  • water balloons (birthday present)
  • Barbie pool (birthday present). She loves her first Barbie so much! She ran through the house tonight saying, "I love my Barbie! I love her!"
  • lay on blanket in the grass and watch the leaves blow and clouds move (this was my favorite part of the day)
  • pick clover flowers (we did this for a good 20 minutes while sitting on our blanket)
  • make pizza with Daddy (went to buy dough from Chris's pizza)
  • Walk on Daddy's feet, "Be a noodle" with Daddy and "Jump in the sky" with Daddy.

Balloon release FAIL.
Wagon ride, armed with loaded ice cream cone water gun.

T-ball!
Kick the ball/keep away with Mommy and Daddy


Fun with giant sidewalk chalk.





No comments:

Post a Comment