Sunday, February 13, 2011

Typical Sunday

This morning we went to church at Grace Community, as per usual. Anna Claire has been in the Piglets class for about a month now since she began walking. She's thriving and loving being with same age kids.

Since birth, Anna Claire has loved the outdoors. No surprise that whenever we arrive home from church or elsewhere, she needs to walk around and explore, no matter what kind of whether. This morning after church, it was super-windy. She loved it, and loved hearing me calling it "windy-wind." She liked standing and watching the leaves blowing on the trees, and my hair smacking me in the face. She thought that was hilarious. Since Anna Claire began walking, it has been imperative to locate a "tick" (stick), to pick it up, and to run inside and show it to her Daddy. And so we did.

Today Anna Claire had her first ever ham and cheese sandwich. She loved it. She also had "affoo" (waffle fries) covered in ketchup (ketchup always gets licked off first before eating the actual fries) and sliced apple.

After nap, Nene came to visit. Anna Claire loves when Nene brings grapes, and is always curious about what other goodies are in "the bag," Today, she was absolutely elated to find an animal coloring book and new crayons. Thank you, Nene, for bringing WASHABLE crayons! It was a set of ten, and she was so excited to find a favorite color, pink. Her first ever pink crayon. This was Anna Claire's first BIG coloring book. She loved watching me color a page, and tried emulating me on the opposite page. We are a long way from coloring in the lines, but more color was going on the animal than anywhere else on the page, so I thought that was pretty good.

I guess what I want to get across is that Anna Claire was SO HAPPY today. My mom was happy today. I was happy today. Larry was happy today. We were all in a room together, being happy, and it made Anna Claire just plain giddy. It was a great showing. I think Momma got to see how sharp Anna Claire really is. She was talking TONS, plainly, and making it clear that she understands what we are saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment