Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Random cuteness

When Anna Claire sees the paint peeling on the wall and says, "Fower!" (flower) I see it and think, fail.

Anna Claire has assigned one word names to each of her favorite books. And I better know what she means, are a fussin' will be brewin'. Someday is "Dumday", Say Daddy is "Daddy", The House in the Night is "Night" and the Dora activity book where Dora is holding and apple on the cover is "A-uhl" (apple).

Anna Claire insists on calling a star a ball, and has since she was about 14 months. I never have understood it, but I do know that she now knows the difference and just calls a star a ball to mess with me. If I say or read "star" in a book, or if they say "star" or TV, she'll look at me and say "ball!" and crack up laughing. What a little ham. (Maybe it's because there's a star on the ball on Blues Clues? Or maybe Baseball Star on Dora? Who knows.)

Stickers! Anna Claire LOVES stickers, especially puffy stickers. We let her stick them all over her table or the couch, then peel them off and put them back on the packaging sheet. That way she can "use" them over and over, until the sticky wears off.

Easier pick-ups. I can now easily pick up Anna Claire from school with no tears. We are back to the comfort level she had with Miss Leah and Jeanne. I take ownership of part if it, in that I think she sensed that I was unsure of things, and now she senses that I am at peace. I like her new teachers. Today, it was so cute because as we were leaving, two of her little friends ran to the gate and were saying "Bye Anna Cwaire!" "Wuv oo!" SO cute. Also, one of the other little girls will run up to me and grin up at me until I say, "Hi sweet girl," or "Hi," and her name. I love this age. I found out today that she will get to transition for sure with her friends. I am very happy about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment