Friday, February 25, 2011

Daddy Voice, Mommy Voice

Larry doesn't think anyone will really get or appreciate this but us, but I can't help but share. It's just too cute not to.

First, background: In a previous post, I shared that Anna Claire insists on calling a "star" a "ball" for some strange reason. Either Baseball star or the Blues Clues ball are to blame. She now does it on purpose, saying, "ball, ball, ball," anytime I say or read "star". She looks at me and cracks up afterward.

Now that you have background, Anna Claire calls anyone male, Daddy. Anyone female is a Mommy. A couple of days ago, I began playing MY music in the car. We normally listen to kids' music. I noticed that Anna Claire would say "Daddy" a few seconds into a song. She did this for Queen, Beck, and Death Cab for Cutie. So I put in a female vocalist. As soon as the first Fiona Apple song began to play, sure enough "Mommy!" She recognizes gender when she hears a voice! I thought that was pretty smart.

But wait, that's not all...I put Beck back in, since that was what I really wanted to hear, and sure enough, "Daddy!" I corrected, "Is that a MAN singing? Man." AC: "Daddy!" Me: "Man." AC: Daddy!" Me: "Man!" AC: "Daddy!" followed by laughter, then AC: "ball!", Me: "star" AC: "ball!" me: "star!" AC: "ball, ball, ball, ball, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"

I just love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment