Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow day fun.

I had so much fun with Anna Claire today. I think she had fun too.

We did go outside, but just briefly. The snow covering the grass was so deep that it was impossible for Anna Claire to walk in, and walking on the sidewalk was way too slippery of an option. So I attempted to build her a snowman, and handed her snowballs to snack on while I worked.  I only got the bottom ball rolled before Anna Claire called out, "uh! uh! coe!" (up, up, cold).

So in we went. Inside was where the fun really happened today, which was fine by me. I am really over snow.

Our closet. We never really let her in there until recently because it was so cluttered I worried things would fall on her, and it was most definitely not baby-proofed. Well, it is now! Anna Claire is absolutely obsessed with Mommy and Daddy's closet. She played in there a good portion of the day, and with the most random things. She found a brown paper bag in my shipping wrap bin and enjoyed it for awhile. She loved her dad's brown boots, and walked around with them chanting, "Daddy! Daddy!" The biggest hit of the day were her Daddy's collection of cookbooks. She loves looking at the pictures, and especially having Larry or I sit with her and talk to her about the food in the photographs. Her favorite is my favorite as well: The Pasta Bible. Larry got it for me before we were married when I first became interested in making pasta. It has many pictures of noodles. Anna Claire loved finding pictures of "getti!"

Yoga. I had never practiced yoga in front of Anna Claire before. She loved watching me on the floor in different poses, and if I called out directions for her to get into a pose, she would do it! She loves downward facing dog and thinks it is so funny. Even funnier when I do it. Anna Claire loved plopping and falling on top of me in the middle of a pose. She had fun crawling under me and jumping and running across my mat. She was so excited when I took her socks off, and loved how the mat felt under her feet.

No need to buy new toys. I just need to make Anna Claire a part of what we already do and share what we have and she is perfectly happy.

2 comments:

  1. I just thought of a couple of milestones to add to today's post:

    Anna Claire also tried peanut butter for the first time today and loves it.

    Anna Claire has been looking up and saying "oval" all day. We just realized it's because of the pattern on our ceiling. It totally has an oval pattern. Thanks Team Umizoomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I am glad you enjoyed your snow day

    ReplyDelete