Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow day fun, take two!

This morning I knew it was important to do any running before noon - before the SNOW.

We stopped by The Red Barn to drop off tuition and to pick up her daily sheet that I forgot to get on Monday. I really love reading what Anna Claire does each day!

Afterward, we went to Walmart for bananas, sugar and wipes. My sharp girl, hearing me name those three items all morning, announced "ipes!" (wipes) once we had bananas and sugar in the cart.

On a similar note, while watching Diego later in the day, they were counting the arms on a sea star, and once they got to five, Anna Claire added, "six!" Letting me (and Diego) know she knew what number comes next!

Yoga with Mommy was a big hit again today, as was closet time. So when I titled the post "Snow day fun, take two!" it really is a statement of how similar today really was to yesterday.

One thing I'd add is that we were able to go out twice and stay for longer. There was no ice on the walk, and the snow wasn't as deep, so Anna Claire could really get around and eat more snow.

Also, we picked up some Dora underpants at Walmart. Her morning teachers in the Lambs class concurred with my reasoning that if Anna Claire is saying "poop" anytime she uses her diaper, it was not a bad idea to introduce the notion of potty and underpants. At this point, she we have a potty, she knows what it is, and has two potty books that she has had me read to her daily. Today we read Big Girls Use the Potty six times. She REALLY loves that book. It's sort of eerie how much the little girl in the book resembles AC. The girl potty trains her Teddy Bear first, then learns herself. It really is a cute book.

Mommy also thought it would be a good idea to give the child squeeze applesauce (ALL over her, ALL over her - yes, I said that twice). At 77 cents a pop, we won't be buying those again for awhile.

Hot chocolate was a big hit after coming in from the cold outside, but I later paid for it.

2 comments:

  1. You later paid for the hot chocolate? Thats doesn't sound good. But it sounds like you had a wonderful day. I saw tehre Lisa uploaded a video of Ava tonight on FB def brought tears to my eyes as it does reading about Anna Claire I miss my babies so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate just made her hyper. :)

    I loved the video of Ava. She is such a cutie. They've been out all week, so I am sure Anna Claire will be excited to see her Monday.

    I am thinking the babies miss you too. I honestly think Anna Claire was so crabby when I picked her up the week after you left because you weren't there. We always talked when I picked her up, and with the new teacher, I just wanted to get out of there. I think Anna Claire sensed that too. It is better now! She really likes Miss Ashley and Miss Grace, although I'm not seeing as much of Grace as I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete