Friday, January 14, 2011

We'll miss you, Miss Leah

My heart is heavier today than I anticipated, knowing that today was Miss Leah's last day as Anna Claire's teacher.

I do have total faith in the owners to choose great teachers for our children and already like and trust Anna Claire's new teacher, Miss Ashley, so that is a huge plus. However, it takes time to build the level of trust and communication that I felt we had with Leah.

I felt I could tell or ask Leah anything, and loved that she was always completely honest with us about Anna Claire. She also took the time to tell me funny anecdotes that happened that day, and just made me feel connected to whatever was happening with my little girl in the class that day. More surprisingly, young Leah, almost half my age, has managed to become my friend in a relatively short period time.

Leah wrote a farewell letter to each child's family, and I'd like share an excerpt from the letter she wrote to ours:

I cannot even begin to explain how much I am going to miss your little girl. Anna Claire has taught me so much, and has reallly shown me how fast you can falll in love with children....Being able to witness her walk was my only wish I had before I left...seeing her grow up into a toddler has definitely been rewarding and fulfilling.

I will miss you, Leah. These babies have been well-loved and nurtured, and the end result, for me, is my happy walker, Anna Claire. Thank you for everything and keep in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Angie you just made me cry. This is the sweetest thing any person has ever done. I also feel that you are a friend of mine, and Anna Claire is very special to me. I will always been here to, and want constant updates on her. When I went to say good bye on Monday she gave me eskimo kisses and a big hug. I love how happy she is. Your friendship and her mean soooooo much to me... I miss you all already!

    ReplyDelete