Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

It's hard to think about a new year without thinking of how the changes I hope to make will impact Anna Claire. In fact, most of the changes I intend to make are BECAUSE of her.

One: FAMILY. I want Anna Claire to know and love mine and Larry's extended families and for them to know her. I have done a lousy job of putting forth the effort to make this happen, but I fully plan to improve this. I think it's just so easy to get caught up in the daily grind and forget what's REALLY important. This change will be good for Larry, myself, and our parents too!

Two: ORGANIZATION and CLEANING. I am doing some MAJOR reorganization and cleaning around here. I figure if I spend less time finding things we need on a daily basis, I'll have more quality time to spend with Anna Claire! I will also be less stressed and a better Mommy. One of my favorite quotes I used to share with my eighth graders: A cluttered environment creates a cluttered mind. A clean, orderly environment allows for a clear mind. Oh, I am still a nerd. And proud of it.

Three: BUDGET. We are going to really look at spending and where we can pare down. That way we can look ahead at things we will need for Anna Claire as she continues to transition to toddlerhood. Gear for kiddos is expensive!

I believe in setting clear intentions every new year, but with Anna Claire, I know I will be more inclined to keep them. I am very optimistic about the year ahead and that it is sure to be the best one yet. My life does keep getting better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment