Thursday, January 6, 2011

18 Month Checkup

The one milestone I was praying Anna Claire would reach prior to this doctor visit, was obviously that she would be walking. I was SO proud to answer that question in the affirmative when asked by the doc!

She was SO well-behaved during our 15 minute pitstop in the waiting room, and Great while the nurse and doctor were asking us questions. We still melted down on the scale and when they have to measure her. I don't get why she dislikes it so much. I will say that on the one occasion we took her to the Gov. Square location, they gave her a Yo Gabba Gabba sticker and that seemed to thwart the freak-out. I told the nurses about the sticker method our past 2 visits, but I guess they apparently did not think it was as ingenious as I did, as we still did not receive a sticker.

We were surprised to learn that Anna Claire has and ear infection in both ears, as she has been showing no signs of discomfort and has been extremely happy and energetic. Dr. Roads prescribed her "the pink stuff" which we refer to as "milkshake" and Anna Claire absolutely loves. He also wrote us a script for when she has a runny nose. I was so excited about this and was unaware there was anything prescribed or not that we could give her for this.

Dr. Roads also noticed that Anna Claire has ALL of the teeth that we can expect to come in until the age of 2. Hurray! Six months of relief for my girl, and for Mommy and Daddy! Anna Claire had to have a flu shot this go round. By the time she actually received the shot, we had been there an hour, and she was expiring anyway. I think it made it easier for me that she was already fretful and crying to leave when they gave her the shot. I still can't watch, and literally FEEL her pain.

Otherwise, I think I can speak for both Larry and myself when I say we were elated to hear HOW advanced Anna Claire is, cognitively, compared to other children her age. We, her doting parents, naturally think Anna Claire is special, and sharp, and PERFECT! It is just oh so extremely satisfying to hear it from someone who has seen it all and knows what is "normal" for this age range.

I am including (finally) a couple of Flip videos I managed to get of her reading some words as I was writing them on paper. I hope to get more here in the next few days and post, and should have an easier time doing so now that we have the tripod. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment