Saturday, January 22, 2011

Books, Books, Books!

What do you at home all day with your toddler? Mine wants to read!

Today Anna Claire had me read Someday three times (Why does the tear-jerker have to be my child's favorite? I still can't get through it with dry eyes!), Over in the Meadow by Ezra Jack Keats, twice, Twinkle Toes by Karen Katz three times, and Dora the Explorer: Super Babies, three times.

She also had me read Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, Night Cars, Pat the Bunny (We read "Judy's Book" three times, lol), Gingerbread Man, Peek-a-Boo, I Love You, Winnie the Pooh: Opposites, Pooh's Sled Ride and the whole nursery rhymes pop-up book. I know there were others, but these are the ones that come to mind.

Pooh's Sled Ride WAS Anna Claire's favorite book for weeks, but it's funny how books fall in and out of favor with her. She will have me read favorites OVER and OVER until she burns herself out on them. Tonight when I read Pooh, she kept saying "Nigh nigh" which is Anna Claire-speak for "let's get this over with." I'm gonna miss reading it to her, because when we got to the part where Christopher Robin held Piglet tight, Anna Claire would always exclaim "tigh! tigh!", grab my hands and pull them around her waist, insisting that I hold her "tigh" too. Sadly, I will be returning Pooh to the Public Library on its due date, and maybe on the lookout for a Valentine's Day one.

To wrap up our day of reading, of course at bedtime I read Anna Claire a bedtime story, Lullaby, Lullaby, Little One, one of the three bedtime books we keep on rotation (to include Goodnight Moon and Sleep, Baby, Sleep.

I love reading to her, and perhaps more than that, I love that she loves being read to.

3 comments:

  1. She also loves frosty the snow man! I miss reading to all the kids too, and you cant just read them once hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Frosty the Snowman book that she loves! Wonder if it's the same book...Do they build a snow house with tightly packed blocks, ice skate and then go to the line of shops in town and look in a bakery window?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Ashley showed me it. They are 2 completely different books. Either way, we're keeping him in rotation through end of snow season or end of February, whichever happens last. ;)

    ReplyDelete