Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Day of Dance Class

Anna Claire was so excited about her dance class. Mommy didn't know that she needed her tap shoes for the first class, so she was telling me all about how her friends had tap shoes. "I want some too!"

She was thrilled when we got home to see that she had tap shoes just like her friends.

AC did not want to take off her leotard...or her tap shoes!

 Dance (ballet and tap) is actually offered at the Red Barn. What a blessing that she is able to participate in something she will love during my work day. We couldn't possibly pull of another extracurricular in the afternoons with my crazy schedule and needing to go and check on Momma. 

In a couple of months when I ask her to choose between gymnastics and dance (she currently does both), I may consider enrolling her in classes at the studio because I want to watch!! I also wonder if more is offered there than in the large class she's in at the RB.

On the other hand, she loves being with all of her friends. She told me she was sad that she didn't get to go with Miss Mary to gymnastics with her friends at the Red Barn. I explained to her that we go to gymnastics at the big gym and that it is better: big trampoline, bars, and balance beams. I asked her then to make a choice: going to gymnastics with her friends or going to the big gym. She didn't hesitate, "I go to the big gym!"

No comments:

Post a Comment