Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Making the Most of a Sick Day

Anna Claire is getting over the nasty virus that all 3 of us have had all weekend.

I am one of those, when my baby is sick I want to be with her! It was not possible yesterday, since I had a training to attend, but I had mother's guilt the entire time. I was determined to make up for it today, and Larry had much time to make up for since he kept her for me yesterday.

I loved my time with Anna Claire. She was so fun, and funny today, while at the same time, feeling cruddy because she could not breathe and had a nagging cough. She really did want to be held, wanted her Mommy and Daddy, and we tend to oblige.

We did go to the doctor, then once we were assured she was not contagious, we headed off to Target. Then later, after nap, the public library.

I really love taking AC to the library. I'd say it's among her top 5 favorite places to go. She loves to "get on the computer," write on the little slips of paper with "her special pencil," sit under the "big girl tent" on the ladybug and bee beanbag pillows, play on the curvy couches, get in the bathtub, and go see Clifford and Pooh Bear. It used to be important to see "the gorilla," but now she says, "Gorilla scare me. No thank you."

I found some amazing books for her. Some for Valentine's day, some favorite character books, and some just plain cute ones. We have already read them all together and she loves them!

We also listened to some of the CDs I made her from 9 mths to about 18 months in the car today. She really enjoyed listening to them again. It's like they were new again, and she is now able to verbalize what she thinks of them and talk to me about them in a way she couldn't when I originally played them for her.

 Like I said before, she was so funny today. She had the best time playing with 3 balloons I blew up for her on whim. We both had so much static electricity in our hair from being outside that we got to have a little science lesson on why the balloons wanted to stick to us. So fun! She loved sticking them to me and to herself, and I loved watching her chase herself in a circle trying to get them off her back.


Notable Things Anna Claire said today:

"That say 'January,' Mommy?"  - She read the word "January" in 2 different contexts (on a program from church  and on a library flyer)
"You can sit on steps with me, if you like."
"Is it our turn yet?" (every time a nurse opened the door at Premier)
"I don't feel good. My nose stuffy....I don't like aspirator, Mommy. I don't like sound."
"I go talk to Mommy (or Daddy) about it!...Do you have any questions?"


No comments:

Post a Comment