Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Funny things Anna Claire is saying these days...

AC to Larry Averitt: "Sorry Daddy, I can't help you right now. I'm too busy."

Mommy, you goin' yoga class today?

Pirates talkin' to me. (pointing to imaginary pirates)

Anna Claire loves ending sentences with "either" and "instead," pronounced "eeder" and "in-ted," respectively. For example: 

Either
Me: I can't find my drink.
AC: I can't find my drink either, Mommy.

Instead
Larry: Do you want to read The Little Red Hen?
AC: No, Daddy. I want to read this book instead.

AC on taking or messing with her stuff:
Don't take my blanket.
Don't cover up my band-aid.
Don't take my hot chocolate.
That's MY teddy bear.


Convincing Anna Claire she needs to poop in the potty (go team):
Me: Anna Claire, which panties do you want to wear tomorrow (I offer Dora or Olivia)?
AC: Dora! (She grabs them out of my hand and admires them.)
Me: You want to keep them nice and clean tomorrow and not poop in them or you might not have Dora panties anymore. They may have to go in the trash.
AC: No! I don't want Dora panties in twash!
Me: You don't want to poop on Dora do you? Pooping on Dora would make her sad. She doesn't want to go in the trash either.
AC: (strokes Dora, and looks concerned for her) I can get more panties at Walmart!



No comments:

Post a Comment