Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Program 2011

Today the Red Barn held their annual Christmas program. Anna Claire also had a double ear infection. What to do?

After much deliberation, Larry and I decided to let her perform with her friends. We had originally discussed the possibility of her performing with both the Lambs and Bunnies classes since she just transitioned into the Bunnies and knew the songs for both, but we decided to play it by ear and see how she did.

I was really proud of Anna Claire...few tears during the performance with the Bunnies, but afterward, I found her crying, saying, "Ear hurtin'. "  That was it. We took her home right away (but not before she could grab and handful of flower shaped butter cookies).

From there, I sort of beat myself up over this the rest of the day, "What were you thinking, letting a sick baby do this?"

But after watching the video with Anna Claire three or four times (her request), I saw how proud she was of herself, and how much she liked seeing herself in the video with her friends. That made it all so, so worth it.

The icing on the cake was at the end of our first viewing of the video, AC pointed to herself and said, "I bein' bwave. I did good job." Then she clapped her hands and smiled and said, "I see it again!"

By the way, she seems to be feeling much better. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment