Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cookies

One of the best decisions we made during the transition from warm to cold weather, was to bring Anna Claire's Step2 picnic table into our kitchen during the cold months. Not only are we protecting it from the elements, but she is also able to help me with kitchen projects on her own level.

One of the reasons I had previously been reluctant to do any kind of baking project with her, was the fear of her falling if I have her stand up in a dining room chair to reach the counter. No longer a problem! In fact, I am short enough, that I can sit at the little table with her, even though I exceed the weight limit. :)

Tonight we baked sugar cookies to take to Aunt Kathy's tomorrow night. The dough was too soft to use with the cutters, but Anna Claire had a ball shaping and sampling the dough. She also loved eating up the sprinkles!

The highlight of the experience for Anna Claire was building (and eating) a cookie dough snowman, and singing, "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! In meadow we build snowman!"


No comments:

Post a Comment