Saturday, June 29, 2013

I miss Meme.

Tonight, when we were saying prayers, we thanked God for many things: blueberry picking, gymnastics, new toys, yummy food, our family, each other.

Then Anna Claire wanted to talk about Meme, and I was not prepared for it.

"Mommy, I wish Meme could live with us."

"Me too, sweetie."

"Meme can't live in her house anymore. She can't play with me anymore. I really miss Meme, Mommy. Do you wish Meme could live in her house, Mommy?"

I was so choked up, I couldn't answer her. After asking me the third time if I wished if she could live in her house again, I managed to reply back, "Yes, honey, I do. You are precious, I love you so much. Good night, sleep tight."

"OK Mommy. I love you. Can I give you a kiss?"

This little girl melts my heart. Melts it.


No comments:

Post a Comment