Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Seething Teething and Back Flack

Between her teething pain and my back pain, we are quite a pair.

Anna Claire is getting 4 molars. The better to eat with? Sure, but she is really hurting this time. She is drooling like crazy and do we ever know when her Motrin has worn off. I am always glad when these periods are over. And not just because I hate to see my child in pain, but because I am paranoid about medication. I know prolonged use of pain reliever is not good for her liver.

She has never taken to teething rings or cold/frozen rings. She does love a frozen waffle! That has been her daily treat, but maybe a trip for ice cream is in order.

Only we'll need somebody to carry BOTH of us...

Two goofy 7th graders were play-fighting in the hall yesterday and one of them ran into me - retriggering my sciatic nerve pain. I was SO mad. Yes, I wrote them up.

I can't pick Anna Claire up, and she is still not walking completely unassisted. A few steps here and there, but very inconsistent. She will look at me and say, "Mama, Mama, Mama, up!" wanting me to pick her up. I am handling it by staying on the floor on her level, and calling Larry when I need to pick her up to move to another room or put her in/take her out of the bathtub.

I am reading everything I can get my hands on about how to treat nerve pain/pinched nerve/bulging disc. We are still not clear on exactly what I have. If the pain is still with me end of month, I'll schedule an MRI. I NEED to pick up, hold, carry, and love my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment