Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby steps, yes/Baby no cry/Baby no sick

What a title for a blog entry. You can tell I'm tired!

Anna Claire is now taking 3,4,5,6 steps at a time, unassisted. So proud of her! When I hold one hand, she will walk around forever. And now that my back is on the mend, I can do this much more! (with the sciatic nerve pain it was very painful to hunch over so she could walk)

It is hard for me to leave Anna Claire at daycare in the mornings because she always cries when I leave. I know hanging around isn't the answers, and teachers tell me she is fine within a few minutes after I leave. It's still hard! What's harder is that she cries when I pick her up. I am SO happy to see her and I want her to be happy to see me. I know she loves me and how much fun we have together, so to gain some understanding and sanity about this, I've done some reading. Many articles/publications say that for some babies/toddlers, their tears are their way of letting us know they missed us. That is how I choose to take it!

Anna Claire has had a pretty bad cough the past week or so, but only when she's sleeping. Because she is still too little for cough syrup, I opted to try honey, which the AAP recommends giving. Seems to help. She is, of course, still teething, and unfortunately we are getting diarrhea along with that. We gave here a bratty dinner to help firm things up on that end.

I am really loving how Anna Claire can communicate, but more than that, I love the look of satisfaction on her face when she realizes she's communicated effectively. Prime exapmle, tonight she said "ights" (lights) and looked up at the Christmas lights. Then looked at the lamp and said "ah" (off). Lights off! I turned off the lamp and she was so happy. She is still saying poop when she has pee or poop diaper, but this is still VERY helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment