Friday, November 26, 2010

Our little miracle

Most nights I either read Goodnight Moon or Lullaby Little One to Anna Claire for bedtime story. I forget about Sleep Baby Sleep. She reminded me of it tonight, pointing to it (sitting on the bookshelf) when I held up our two usuals. I always get misty-eyed when I read the last page:

Sleep, Baby, Sleep
Our promises we'll keep
Be the miracle you are
A wish come true on a shooting star
Sleep, Baby, Sleep.

Each time I read those lines, I'm reminded of how true this is. How long we wanted and prayed for Anna Claire and what a blessing she is to our lives...which leads me to Thanksgiving.

Both went well. Anna Claire had a blast at her Aunt Kathy's. She loved eating cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and ice cream. She REALLY loved Aunt Kathy's homemade bread. She had so much fun playing with her cousins and with metal bowls and spoons. She did more walking Thanksgiving night than we have ever seen before. Here's a clip from that night:

Last night we went to Cracker Barrel with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Clint and Aunt Lisa (yes Lisa, you are earning the title!) She enjoyed looking around the gift shop, where she had fun playing with a ball that lights up. The candy was a point of excitement and drama. At dinner, she loved playing with a pair of metal spoons, coloring her kid's menu, and eating lemons. She really loved her mac n'cheese and corn - it was really good. I tried some. Larry and I spent most of the evening playing goalie, retrieving crayons, spoons, and ColorWonder markers from her high chair and floor, but all in all she (and we) had a GREAT time. Just wish I had more time to talk to Grandma. ;)

Here is a little video clip from Thanksgiving dinner last night with Larry's fam - her debut playing spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment