Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bathtime Woes

I'm reading blogs to figure out how to keep Anna Claire seated during her bath. She wants to walk on her knees from one side of the tub to the other. I see this as unsafe, not to mention how difficult it is to bathe a moving target.

However, what I am reading is to let her be wherever/however she likes and bathe her there, that insisting she sit could be more dangerous and result in a tantrum. One lady also commented that she would calmly but firmly say, "when you stand you are letting Mommy know you are done," then remove her from the bath.

I am certainly open to suggestions after tonight. I must have retrieved and seated her 30 times. I'm pooped!

2 comments:

  1. I am going through that times two! Not fun, I have been sitting them down, over and over again and saying firmly No. However, it is not working so I to am looking for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a toddler rubber mat that suction cups to the bottom of the tub, but it's not big enough. I'm having Larry pick up the decals that you put all over the bottom at Walmart today, so at least she'll be less likely to slip.

    ReplyDelete