Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Easier and Easier

Every day I think being a mommy gets easier. Today Anna Claire was an absolute joy.

Anna Claire loves to color so much - we fingerpainted a turkey yesterday using her handprint. I added the beak, waddle, and feet and glued on a googly eye. She really likes that googly eye. She spent a lot of time this morning coloring over and around it (the turkey, not the eye) with her crayons.

Today I thought about taking her by Walmart to pick up the supplies to make turkey- hand cookies like they've been showing on NickJr, but I felt so weak and sick, I will hold off til tomorrow. I also need to return and renew some of her library books over the weekend. Wonder if they are open on Friday.

During her nap I spent some time online shopping for her for Christmas. I'm wanting to get her her first doll, and some kitchen accessories. I am thinking about getting the Baby Stella doll, which has a magnetic paci, you can get magnetic bottles, feeding set and bathing set for her. I absolutely love this doll. But I told Larry maybe that is not the best doll for her if we are trying to break her of having a paci.

Watching her learn how to talk is so much fun. She is trying to say everything, and we always make a point to repeat back to her what she said, correctly. Then she makes a second attempt. It's important to her that it's right! She has some letter sounds that she isn't able to make yet, so she's substituting other letter sounds or omitting the sound altogether.

Right now I am listening to and watching her sleep on the monitor. I think her paci must have water in it. It's making a crazy squeaking noise. Funny.

11/27/2010: We did end up making the Turkey Hand cookies. Here's how they turned out.


Anna Claire liked the candy corn and the red frosting (waddle) the best. Now when they play that segment and the man asks, "What is our turkey missing?" she says "waddle! waddle! waddle!"

2 comments:

  1. Angie, I just ordered Georgia the baby stella doll for Christmas and it came last week. It really is precious and I love the magnetic paci. I didn't order any accessories since she is still a little small for them but if they are as good of quality as the doll you will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy! Grandma just asked us last night if there was a particular doll Anna Claire wanted, or that we wanted for her, and I told her about Stella!

    ReplyDelete