Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mommy Sits with the Big Kids at Church

Today was the first day I've left Anna Claire with anyone besides Larry. I am pretty sure it was harder for me than for her. I spent the first fifteen minutes of the service wringing my hands and watching the screen frantically for Anna Claire's number to flash on the screen, letting me know to come get her. But it never did. She was crying I returned for her, but I was assured it hadn't been for long, and I know it was the best thing for the both of us.

What a blessing that for the past two Sundays the women working the church nursery were actually friends of mine. Both Sundays a friend I've known since elementary school has been there. Last Sunday a sorority sister and friend was there, and this Sunday a parent of one of my former daycare students was working. I would have had a much harder time leaving had they been total strangers.

I was ultimately able to calm down and enjoy and listen to the sermon, for the first time since Anna Claire was born.

As I reflect on our decision to wait until she was an older baby to introduce her to church, I now realize it should have been a part of her weekly life from birth. I will do so many things differently with our next child. I will be much more willing to try things, that is for sure.

3 comments:

  1. She is so adorable, I wouldn't want to leave her either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina IshibashiJune 14, 2010 at 11:48 AM

    Me too with #2- I was such a chicken!

    ReplyDelete