Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun, fun, fun.

It's a great feeling to put your child to bed at night and know full well, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she had a great day.

Our day started with Anna Claire's favorite blueberry breakfast, followed by church, also known as "playing with babies". I was assured she did enjoy herself, and Larry and I enjoyed the sermon, like grown folk. Grace is awesome!

We came home and napped straight away. While Anna Claire napped, I got a little housework done, flowers watered, etc.

After her nap, I took her out to play under her favorite shade tree. She does NOT want to stay on her blanket anymore. It is too small. She wants to crawl in the grass. That would be fine, but some of the grass is sharp and scrapes her legs. I will try a large sheet tomorrow.

We had plans to go to the Olive Garden with Grandma, so Larry and I thought it would be wise to do her late afternoon and evening routine a few hours early (swim in baby pool, ice cream on front porch, book time, snack, bath, and spa treatment). We did this to maintain structure for Anna Claire, and so that we could just bed her down whenever we got home. This worked GREAT.

Olive Garden was a hit for the baby, me, Larry, and Grandma. Not so much for our waitress. Food EVERYWHERE. She seriously needed a shovel when we left there. I have an idea though to help future waitresses hate us less: put down a plastic tablecloth under the high chair to serve as a catch-all. Yes, this is an investment I will make and keep in the diaper bag!

>

3 comments: