Monday, April 29, 2013

Pink or Blue? Our Gender Reveal Balloon Release

All in all, I love our balloon reveal and was able to edit it down to this version to share with the masses:


Anna Claire has been hoping for a sister from day one, when we first told her that Mommy had a baby in her tummy. We tried to remind her frequently that we weren't sure, and that it could be a boy or a girl. I do think she finally got that and made peace with it, but she consistently exclaims "GIRL!" when someone asks her what she wants.

I was to the point that had it been a boy, we were going to 86 the balloon idea, and take her out for ice cream instead to soften the blow. ;)

As for the balloon release, I was so disappointed that my camera battery died before the reveal. BUT, I think the video did a much better job of capturing the moment. Everything happens for a reason.

I can now speak from experience on doing a balloon reveal. Things I'd do differently:
  • Make sure camera battery is fully charged.
  • Get someone to help you transfer the balloons to the box. Nearly had some casualties.
  • Have several helpers to video and take pictures, that way mom AND dad can both be in the video.
  • Have some sort of unspoken signal between yourself and the videographer on when to end the video.
If the original video's file size wasn't so large, I'd include it here so you can see why I'm so critical of it. But despite it's flaws, I love that we captured a special moment for our family. :)

1 comment: