Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Parade!

I was so excited when Krista asked us to go to the St. Patrick's Day parade several weeks ago, I couldn't help but tell Anna Claire about it right away. When I asked her if she wanted to go, she raised clinched fists in the air, jumped up and down and hollered, "Yay! I do want to go to St. Patwick Day pawade!"

From that moment on, I was determined we WOULD GO to this parade, no matter what.

Well, the car broke down yesterday, and had to be taken into the shop. Larry's dad needed the van to go to a shooting tournament in Memphis, so I was looking at a weekend, stranded at home. But when I tell my little girl we are doing something, WE DO IT.

So, I got on the phone and called Wyatt Johnson where our car was being repaired to see if they had a rental. No dice.

Then, came hope. Larry told me Dad might not go to Memphis after all because there was a high chance of rain. I went to bed last night not knowing, but hopeful that there was a chance I wouldn't have to disappoint my kiddo.

Turns out we were able to take the van! Dad didn't end up going after all. Then I realized...I left my purse in the trunk of the car. Seriously?

So Larry and I went out to WJ to get the purse out of the trunk, thinking we could at least make part of the parade.

We did make it. In plenty of time!

At the end of Hwy 149, we saw people wearing green, parking and getting out of their cars and walking in a line, so like sheep, we followed suit and did the same. Ended up walking over a mile to the town square with a two-year-old! She was a trooper though. In fact, I'd say she enjoyed walking in the "parade" of people wearing green (she thought this was the parade until we actually got to it) as much as the actual parade, singing and talking all the way there. Looking back I wouldn't trade that mile walk in for anything because she enjoyed it so much.

Here are some pics of the fun:

They aren't kidding. Larry says a lot of his family is from here and that a majority of the population are Scotch/Irish.
These shamrocks were carved in the sidewalk leading all the way to town square. Anna Claire loved looking for them and stepping on them!

Loved the marching bands!
I love how you can tell she's smiling here.


She sees the first cars coming that are throwing candy.
Candy!!!!!


She can taste it already!
Miss Krista and Anna Claire have the same Crocs and are having a convo about this.

Bagpipes. Cool.

I love this face.
Firetrucks don't scare her anymore! Loves 'em!

Giving Daddy candy.

Eating an Airhead that an older boy gave her out of sympathy, since she didn't get as much as the big kids.

Aiden and Anna Claire :)
After the parade, Anna Claire was very excited to go inside the Courthouse and use the potty. Equally exciting was riding in Miss Krista's car (Krista gave us a ride so we didn't have to walk all the way back to the bank. Thanks Krista!). She also really enjoyed eating at Subway in Erin afterward and seeing all of the people wearing green like her while we were there. :)

What a great day! We even enjoyed getting sprinkled on when it rained for a few minutes!

Sort of unrelated, here's a pic from her St. Patrick's Day party earlier in the week, taken by Amelia's mommy. Love all of these babies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment