Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring to the Briz-eak: Nashville Zoo

Pink Flamingo, Mommy! Wots of dem!
This spring break I was able to spend quality time with my favorite girl.

The highlight of my break (and hers too, I'm guessing) was our trip to the zoo. I finally got off my tush and renewed our membership, so we can go anytime we want for the next year. Yahoo!

This trip consisted of several firsts for me and for Anna Claire.

It was our first time to the zoo without Larry. With a busy work schedule and trying to get taxes done he just didn't see anyway he could go. This made me nervous because we always have told each other we didn't see how parents did it (stress-free) without tag-teaming. Although we both missed him, I had no reason to worry at all. It turned out to be a great day!

It was Anna Claire's first time hiking through the zoo. Normally she is in an out of the stroller the entire trip. She was a trooper and walked with me most of the time. I had the stroller though for backup and when I got tired of pushing it, I was easily able to ditch it for awhile by parking it outside the indoor reptile building (can't remember the name) and come back for it later.

I can sit like dis, Mommy.
It was our first time taking a picnic lunch. I will always do this from now on! Zoo treats are ridiculously priced and Anna Claire loved sitting at the picnic tables with umbrella overhead, eating her favorites: PBJ, banana, and cheese balls. Win for Mommy. Spent zero dollars and had one happy kiddo with a full tummy.

It was our first time going to the zoo in panties! Anna Claire handled this like a champ. She told me when she needed to go, no problem.

It was our first time going inside the "tall tower". This was a very big deal to AC. At the Nashville Zoo, they have a climbing and play area for the kids. The past few times we've been we discouraged her from going up there, but I felt like she could do it. I went with her and she was very brave. She climbed everywhere just like the big kids. This made me very proud since she was very late learning to walk and has been behind her peers physically up until now. I'm feeling like she's caught up at this point. So proud of her.

Here are some more pics from the trip!


Dis crocodile Mommy? or snake?
Flamingos!
Climbing Tall Tower!



















OK, so an obvious downside to not having Larry there is that I don't get to snap as many pics. Next time we'll all three go and I will take more I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment