Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Funnies

I took Anna Claire's gummies, after asking her several times nicely to hand them to me, that she had had enough. She said, "You Swiper!" Swiper is the fox on Dora that takes things. I looked at Larry in disbelief, "Did she just call me Swiper?" She cracks me up!!
--
Anna Claire pointed to Joy, my long-time friend, who was standing on her deck (they live in the house directly behind us). She said, "I see lady, Mommy. What lady doing?"

I said, "Honey, that's not 'lady.' That's Joy Beth."

I immediately picked up the phone and called Joy, telling her we needed to all get together. "My child thinks you're 'lady.'" I said.

--
Larry and I met our friends at a Mexican restaurant for dinner, and took Anna Claire along with us. About an hour after being there, I heard a little voice singing to the melody of Where is Thumbkin, "Bored bored bored bored? Bored bored bored bored? Bored bored bored! Bored Bored Bored! Bored bored bored bored bored bored? Bored bored bored bored bored bored! Bored Bored Bored. Bored Bored Bored!" I did not expect hear this at age 2 1/2. Cracks me up daily, this girl.

--
As I was putting AC down for her nap, she did something silly so I told her she was "a mess." She was quick to shoot back, "I'm a hot mess!" Now I'm listening to her via baby monitor tell her friends (stuffed animals) they "look lovely today" and singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider to them. It is truly a joy to be a mommy of a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment