Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kylan's Birthday Party

Kylan's birthday party was today, Anna Claire's first "boy" birthday party. It's been a big topic of conversation around our household since we received the invite several weeks ago. "Kylan birthday comin'!"

We knew the party would be at Kids n Play, but have never been, so I got online and checked out. Then I described it to Anna Claire. I remembered seeing a slide, so she clung on to that idea: "I go down slide with Kylan!"

Then after we got his birthday present (Mega Pack of Play Dough), Anna Claire had been imagining that they would play with it together: "I play Play Dough with Kylan at the birthday! We can make a caterpillar! (insert hand clap) It will be blue and red! (another hand clap)" I am pretty sure this is not the ideal gift a parent would want to receive, but I knew Kylan liked it because I've watched him enjoy it many times when I see him at pick up.

Well, we did not go down the slide, nor did we play Play Dough. We did have fun. Here are some pics from the party:

Anna Claire and Amelia:: "I have pink bracelet too!"

Holding hands, but you can't tell from this angle. So sweet!

Amy's here!

"I can hammer this!"

These balloons entertained Anna Claire for a good 10 minutes at least.

You can't tell from this picture, but there were more than 20 balloons that had floated up to the ceiling.
That's what she's looking at here.

Still looking at them...

Still...

Birthday boy, Kylan and Miss Krista!

Kylan: "Camera lady, would you please get your camera out of my face?"

Pizza time!

This was actually the second "blow to the head." I asked Amy to do it again so I could get a picture.

Amelia and her mommy! I really like this one.

Back to the balloons. :)

Happy girls!

chocolate ice cream!

Kylan had a Cars birthday theme

blowing out his candles


opening presents!



Kylan hugs Amelia goodbye. So sweet!

Anna Claire gave Kylan a kiss on the cheek here, but Mommy wasn't fast enough to catch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment