Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet, Smart, Cute, Funny Girl.

Anna Claire amazes us every day with how much she communicates, understands, and what she is able to do. I affirm her every morning and night, telling her she is our sweet, smart, cute, funny girl. If I leave any of these out, she lets me know it: "I cute too, Mommy?"

Here are some recent examples of her sweetness, intelligence and wit.


I have told Anna Claire numerous times that the doctor said I shouldn't pick her up because I have a hurt back. This morning, she wasn't wanting to come over to me so that I could fix her hair, but I needed her to move along so that we wouldn't be late. So, I walked over, picked her up, and as I carried her over to the couch, she said, "Mommy, you not 'posed to pick me up. That hurt you."  Then she hugged me tight and gave me a big kiss. Love her.
---
Anna Claire has concluded that all buildings with a steeple-like point are churches. We pass five on the way to her day care. So I hear, "There a church..." "There a church...." "There another church..." "That lot of churches, Mommy."
---
I walked into AC's classroom to pick her up one afternoon, and had my keys in my hand. As you can see in the picture to the right, attached is a YMCA card with my name printed on it. Anna Claire pointed to my name, and said, "That say 'Angie,' Mommy?" I have never told her my name was on that card. We never intentionally taught her to read our names, but she HAS seen me write all our names on our drawing paper when we color, many times. Repetition.

Another example of accidental repeated exposure method: Anna Claire's most prized possession right now isn't anything we've bought her. It's one of our old checkbooks that we gave her from back when we banked at WaMu in San Francisco. She carries it everywhere. Larry said the other day she flipped through the check register, pointed to the words, "Whole Foods" and said, "Daddy, that say 'Whole Foods'?" She has been referring to the checkbook as her "Whole Foods book" ever since. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment