Sunday, February 26, 2012

Anna Claire this week

It's been a whole hour since Anna Claire fell asleep...do I dare start a blog post? It's kind of like when Larry goes outside to smoke at a restaurant...you can bet they'll bring our food as soon as he does. Well, I'm gonna give it a go anyway.

Speaking of nap, I heard Anna Claire talking on the baby monitor before she fell asleep. She said, "Bless Mommy, Daddy, Pop, Stanley, Kitty, March, April, May, June, July, August, September..." She does this kind of quick transition from one thought to another really often. Does it with songs too - lots of medleys at our house. She may get it from me, only when I do it I call it ADD. :\

Anna Claire is also trying to use big words. Today she said, "Mommy, I see a truck. It humongous." And before her nap, she said, "I do think Meme will bring me a surprise, actually." I love it!

I always like to blog about neat words she's learned to read on her own too. This week she read "please" and several other words at church, much to the surprise of her teachers. One teacher said, "She can read? We about fell out!" Oh, and Larry said she read the word "Snacks" on one of our refrigerator drawers. We have not specifically taught her either of these words.

We let Anna Claire use an ink pen this week for the first time. She loves it. And she is very careful with it and good about minding us that it needs to stay at her art table. The thing we like about watching her write with pen and pencil is how controlled and deliberate her little marks are. Larry thinks she's trying to write letters. She is also representing people by drawing large upside down Vs.

Important to Anna Claire this week:
  • previously mentioned ink pen
  • toy microwave (cooking Juju's eggs in it...lol, Miss Sandra, if you read this)
  • altoids tin (contents have ranged from crayons to coins)
  • yellow bucket
  • step stool (extremely important)
  • her checkbook
  • My Big Girl Potty Book (she's potty trained to pee, but not poop...we can tell she's thinking about it)
  • Caillou/Little Einsteins DVDs
  • Cat
  • Baby Gorilla
  • and as always, her blanket
Things to work on this week: not pulling bow out of our hair, cleaning up our messes, listening the first time we are asked to do something, and saying "please" when we want something. :)

Well, I did it, a whole blog post, and my baby is still sleeping. Success!








No comments:

Post a Comment