Friday, February 10, 2012

January at Red Barn

I'm flipping through Anna Claire's January daily sheets with a smile on my face, loving the comments: cheerful, cute as a button, sociable, helpful, energetic, cooperative, sweet as sugar. That sounds about right!

It looks like the month of January was filled with good days and a few bad (she had a couple of long-running cold viruses, which would make anyone grumpy).

Anna Claire enjoyed art, was a good listener, and as usual, LOVED going to ABC Music on Thursdays. Best $45 I spend all month. :)

As she is getting older, she is getting more and more excited about show and tell days. They bring in something that starts with their letter of the week. (By the way, Anna Claire recognizes all her letters, and can tell you the sound many of them make!) For letter B, she brought her bread basket, and for I, her ice pack!

Anna Claire is getting better and better about cleaning up her mess when asked. She is even starting to pick up without being asked at home sometimes.

She enjoys playing with play-doh with her friends, as well as the linking stars and blocks.

Anna Claire loves to tell Miss Sharna and Miss Caitlin about Walmart. She tells them everything is from Walmart and that she will be getting some hot chocolate and a bowl of marshmallows and that these also come from Walmart. Despite the arrival of Publix, Anna Claire's loyalty remains to Walmart. Miss Jessica says Walmart should hire Anna Claire to do commercials for them.

Anna Claire came home one day this month and was so excited to tell us she went down the slide by herself. She is also confident riding the toy cars outside. These are big milestones for Anna Claire as she has always been about 6 months behind her peers physically. She didn't start walking until 18 months!

She loves circle time so much and learns so much at the Red Barn. She says the pledge very well, and knows the words to the Star Spangled Banner. As a result of their multicultural unit, Anna Claire pointed out Africa on a world map to me, and was wanting to talk to me about Germany and China. We have since checked out for her a book of little maps that she loves. I love that the Red Barn is curriculum-based!

I am rushed in the morning at drop off, and tired from my work day at pick up, so I question how well I convey this on a daily basis, but I cannot say enough wonderful things about Anna Claire's teachers and the owner and directors of the Red Barn. It is a class act, and I feel so blessed that my child is a part of this wonderful place.

Disclaimer: I am writing this on a personal leave day. I love to take out little pockets of time on these days to do a few things I enjoy, and writing about my baby definitely makes the list. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment