Sunday, September 4, 2011

Where's the camera when I need it?

Yesterday, we were at Beary Bear, rewarding Anna Claire for earning another 20 stickers on her potty chart. She counted to twenty. She may have counted to twenty numerous times at daycare, but I've never heard her. I had the video camera in hand, but I wasn't fast enough. Man.

Then tonight at dinner: I've heard her sing snippets of Itsy Bitsy spider before...a line here...a line there. Tonight she sang every word correctly and with expression. It was so stinkin' cute. Once again, couldn't find the video camera.

Later still, she sings, "Taxi, Taxi, ridin in the backseat. Roll the window up. Roll the window down." No camera. I'm 0 for 3.

The cutest part of all three of these, and the saddest, is that she did it all in a whisper. Anna Claire has lost her voice and has been running a fever, at times as high as 103. The doctor told us upper-respiratory infection yesterday, but Larry and I are not ruling out the virus similar to hand foot and mouth that has been going around. She's been putting her hands in her mouth like she's in pain and carries a high temp. None of the other symptoms though.

If she's not any better by midday tomorrow, we'll go back to the doc and keep her home Tuesday. In the meantime, thank you God for a three-day-weekend to give her more time to get past this.

No comments:

Post a Comment