Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I miss "Nonny"

Since Anna Claire began talking many months ago, I have been "Nonny". My mom, who likes to be called Meme, has been "Nene."

Well, Anna Claire has finally got her N's and M's straight, and is consistently calling us Mommy and Meme. I was just thinking today though, that I kind of miss "Nonny." I miss her patched little pants when she was walking on her knees. I miss when she would lay in the floor for five minutes so I could run downstairs and grab something. I miss her daycare teachers, Leah, Jeanne, and Ashley. I miss seeing her in her favorite frog T-shirt that no longer fits her (not giving THAT one away to Goodwill!).

So many things I miss about Anna Claire being little, but I love so many things about her being a BIG GIRL!
I love how she can tell us what she wants, CLEARLY. I love that she can walk and no longer has bruised little knees. I love how smart she is, and how inquisitive she is. I love that she loves books. I love how outgoing Anna Claire is and that she loves listening to Mommy and Daddy's music now. I really love how much she enjoys being in the kitchen with us when we are cooking.

Lots of pros and cons to her growing up, but I always love the age she is and enjoy each phase to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment