Monday, July 14, 2014

Hawaii Vacation Day Two


What an amazing day! This post will be short but pictures aplenty. 

Our day started at the marina where we hopped on a boat and headed out to swim with dolphins. 

We were expecting to be in a man made area like at Sea World where you might see one or two dolphins. Oh no. We were in the ocean and saw many, many dolphins. I saw probably a hundred myself. It was absolutely amazing and unforgettable.

Emily and I were so relieved and impressed that the crew personally took Anna Claire and Manny out in the water. They got to wear flippers and goggles and see the dolphins up close. 

Madeline did really well on the boat. She seemed to enjoy it. Larry and Anna Claire got sea sick but I know the trip was still special for them. 

While on the boat, they served us Hawaiian fruit drinks, turkey wraps, and cut up a whole pineapple for us to eat.

The whole experience was something we will remember for a lifetime. And it was so wonderful to do it as a family! So grateful to grandma for such an awesome opportunity.

And to think I wasn't going to snorkel! I thought I'd just take pictures, keep the baby calm, and watch everyone else. But in I went and so glad I did. I know I would have regretted it had I not.

We were also so proud of Khloie. She is a little fish. She was such a natural at snorkeling, diving and staying underwater for long stints. The crew offered her a job on their boat when she gets out of school and to spend the day with them Wednesday! 

After snorkeling, we were able to go to Bite Me Fish Market which was located right there at the marina and was on our Hawaii bucket list. Had lunch and picked up some poke! Poke (pronounced po-Kay), is a local treat that is basically raw ahi tuna, and various seasonings.

We headed back to enjoy the most beautiful house and beach I've ever been to. Feeling blessed!

Anna Claire waiting to try on her goggles.

Here she is with our captain Dave was so awesome with kids. These guys love what they do!

Manny with Captain Dave.

Anna Claire getting her flippers.
Brave girl ready to jump in the ocean!

Manny and Anna Claire with Captain Dave!

Looking for dolphins...

There they are! Upper right...We all got to see many, many dolphins.

Oakley enjoying the complimentary pineapple.

I caught this shot of one jumping out of the water. They really put on a show for us!

Madeline and me.

Today was mine and Larry's anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment