Thursday, October 25, 2012

October Fun

I love October and I love the fall. It's my favorite time of year - not too hot or too cold.

From the pumpkin patch to trips to the park, we've truly enjoyed this year's unseasonably warm weather.

Tonight, while I had to attend parent-teacher conferences, Larry made Halloween cupcakes with Anna Claire. She told me all about it when I got home! "Daddy spoil me rotten!"

This weekend we will likely carve our jack-o-lanterns. I can't wait! We always bake the seeds with plenty of butter and salt, of course.

Looking ahead to the biggest October event, Halloween, we've picked out two costumes: one for indoor and one for outdoor.

I found a snuggly warm Cheer Bear costume at children's clothing sale several weeks back. Anna Claire LOVES Care Bears, so score one point there. I remember how cold it was last Halloween and how grateful I was that we had gone with a warm costume, so that seemed like a good choice.

Then I read that Anna Claire's dance teacher would allow them to wear a costume on for Halloween, IF they could dance in it. So that was the reasoning behind costume # 2, a Cinderella gown.

I am looking at different Trunk or Treats and other Halloween events around town to see if they might be something we'd want to go to. Can't do it all.

Check out some pics of the fall fun we've had so far!

Pumpkin Patch!

Coy Lacy Park







No comments:

Post a Comment