Sunday, October 21, 2012

Moving Meme

Moved Meme out of rehab center and into assisted living this week. Took a couple days off to get everything done to keep things as normal as possible for Anna Claire. Worked out pretty great. We did end up taking her along for several trips over, but tried to keep them brief so she wouldn't expire.

When I ask Anna Claire to go to Walking Horse with me, she could easily say, "I don't want to go Mommy," and it would be fair and fine. But she never does. Instead, she says, "I get to see Meme again! I'm gonna take my (insert toy of the moment here)!" She is just precious and full of love.

Today she was so excited to go eat dinner with Meme. Larry and I have decided that is something we can do every Sunday. The dining room is beautiful: cloth napkins and tablecloths, stemware, menus, and really yummy food! AC calls the dining room "Walking Horse Restaurant" because they give you a menu and take your order. How awesome that they allow families to come in and eat with them. I can tell you, Anna Claire sure did put a smile on a lot of residents faces! 

My cousin Joan brought a case of Barbies for Anna Claire to play with when she visits Meme. She absolutely loves them. What a thoughtful gift.

I feel good about where Momma is. Anna Claire even said, "This a better place for Meme, Mommy. It nice. I do like it here."



No comments:

Post a Comment