Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lyla's Birthday

Lyla and Anna Claire give each other a hug
Anna Claire has been looking forward to Lyla's Kids-n-Play birthday party all week, and it did not disappoint. We did have a couple of meltdowns early on, but the rest of the party, she was all smiles and had a blast.

When we first arrived, AC hollered for all to hear, "LYLA!!!!!!" Lyla was all the way on the other side of the building, but she heard Anna Claire's loud cry and came running to give her a hug. So sweet. Love the birthday girl!

The two girls took off for the play system. Anna Claire went right in with no tears or hesitation...a very different scenario than our last b-day party experience here.

Then, about five minutes later, I hear her cry. I look up and she's stuck. By stuck, I mean she doesn't know which way to go to get out of there (the play system is basically a huge maze) and she doesn't see any of her friends. I looked at the other mommies and said, "I'm going in."


Anna Claire and Maggie

Encouraged by my new friends' words, I did. I crawled under, around, through small spaces and finally found her. It was NOT easy. Then, I didn't know how to get down or out. So I asked one of Anna Claire's little friends and she helped us out. Anna Claire did not want to take the slide that you have to go down to get out, but I made her go down anyway, tears and all. I was so ready to be out of there. Won't even lie.


From there, Anna Claire had so much fun playing dress up with her friends. Lots of princess dresses to try on. They did that for the longest. And the twirling. Do those girls ever love to twirl. So sweet.

She loves wearing this fairy princess dress.

AC and Lyla
After dress up, they played in Totville, where there is a little grocery store, doll house, train set, and more. They had lots of fun playing with all of the toys together. Lots of Red Barn friends there!

Ollie and AC playing cars and trains.


Then it was time for pizza and cake. Anna Claire loved having "red drink" since she has a Nazi mommy who only gives her healthy drinks - milk, juice and water. We allow her to indulge and try other options at parties. :)

Pizza and "red drink." Check out my little Neanderthal.

No comments:

Post a Comment