Friday, June 6, 2014

Planting Seeds

All week some amazing people have been investing in my sweet girl and planting seeds, that she would grow into a follower of Christ.

We have had some of the sweetest conversations on the way home from VBS this week.

Yesterday we were driving in the car and Anna Claire said, "Mommy I've been learning about Jesus this week. And God. And Jesus is God's son. And so they live together in heaven. But Jesus had to die on the cross and he had holes in his hands. And his feet. The soldiers put him on the cross. They put him in a toon. But he didn't stay in the toon. He went to heaven to be with God."

I said, "You sure have learned a lot about Jesus this week. That's awesome!"

"I know. I'm pretty smart, huh?"

"Yep. You sure are," I said.

"Guess what else?" she went on. "Jesus is bigger and better than us. He can do things we can't do."

"He is bigger and better. What can he do that we can't do?" I wondered.

"He can fly!" she answered and stretched her arms out as if to fly herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment