Friday, June 13, 2014

Anna Claire right now

I feel like we've been so busy trailing Madeline with all of her new mobile skills that I owe it to just give a little update on our sweet AC. 

She is such an amazing helper to me. She not only helps when asked, but she anticipates what I will need.

Sometimes she gets jealous and frustrated, as expected, causing her to act out. This looks like nail biting, not listening, calling out "look at me" 100 times a day, and getting territorial with toys...the baby's, not hers. She wants to play with Madeline's toys many days more than her own, then gets upset when sister wants them. 

We are really trying to be understanding and cut her a lot of slack, and give her attention and do special things with her. She calls this "mommy/Anna Claire time" or "going lots of places."

We adore her, but it does hurt my heart that we no longer have the time and energy to dote on her as we once did. And more so that she realizes this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment