Saturday, October 5, 2013

Disney Heroes and Princesses on Ice!

I remember having a conversation two or three months ago at small group about Disney Princesses on Ice coming to Bridgestone. When I found out the date, I was so disappointed. It would be the weekend after my due date. There was no way Larry and I could take Anna Claire, but I knew this would be an event that would be so special and exciting for her. The only way I figured she'd be able to go, was if someone else could take her. And Larry and I are not the kind of parents who ask other people to do favors for them. We never want to impose. So, I accepted Anna Claire would just have to miss this event. If we never mentioned it to her, she'd never know what she was missing.

Then, a few days ago, I got a phone call from our friend Paige. Her little girl Amy is one of Anna Claire's best friends. Paige apparently won 4 tickets to the show, had an extra ticket, and wondered if Anna Claire would like to go! What a blessing and answer to a prayer.

 The girls are at Bridgestone as I type this, and Paige has already shared a few pics:

Happy princesses. So sweet!

Sweet girls having a ball.

Popcorn!
Back in the car now. Headed for McD's!
Proud of her cookies. The first thing she showed me when she got home as well. ;)

At McDonald's, Anna Claire shared that she got apples but didn't eat them. Also, apparently the Eisemanns pick their pickles off their burgers. Miss Paige said Anna Claire politely asked for their pickles and was delighted when everyone handed them over to her. She loves pickles!

Anna Claire was hoping they'd get to play at Amy's house for a little while afterward! Looks like she got her wish. Paige shared with me that Amy was nearly in tears when Anna Claire had to leave.

When I asked Anna Claire about the show, she kept mentioning Ursula trying to take Ariel's voice. She said she was really scared of Ursula. She reacted similarly when we saw The Little Mermaid play at the Roxy.

Otherwise she seemed to really love the show. She has been asking us about ice skating. I wonder if you can rent ice skates in her size at the rink near Centennial. Maybe an outing we make this fall or winter. :)

She also shared that they watched Princess and Popstar movie in the car on the way back. We don't have a TV/DVD player in our car, so I'm sure that was way cool to her!

Larry and I are both so grateful to the Eisemanns for taking our sweet girl. And I'm in agreement with Paige that getting to go together made the day even more special for both girls. Anna Claire loves Amy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment