Thursday, February 21, 2013

I like short sleeves.

Anna Claire has been obsessed with short sleeves for about three weeks now. At first she would not tell us why she was so offended when we presented a long sleeve top for her to wear. She would just say, "It's my secret."

She also must assess the sleeve length of everyone in the room. "Mommy, only you have long sleeves. Me and Daddy and Pop all have short sleeves (insert baseball clap)."

About a week ago she finally revealed why short sleeves are so important to her after I begged her, "Can you please tell Mommy why you don't like long sleeves?" She explained that she has a hard time putting on shirts with long sleeves by herself, so short sleeves were easier for her. Well that makes sense!

Since then, I've tried to pick out outfits with a short sleeve shirt, then topping it with a cardigan or hoodie since we are still in the midst of winter temps.

I felt the need to document this period in her life, because it's really important to her right now, and I think I'll be a little sad when she grows out of this phase.


No comments:

Post a Comment